February 5, 2013 was a day that will separate my life into the "before" and "after." The fifth of February - the day I learned that the word "cancer" would forever be a part of my life. It is my desire to live with Jesus Christ in the forefront of my life, and cancer in the background. The words in this blog are therapeutic to me. I hope that they will be uplifting to you. Blessings, Kathy Lollar

Monday, February 25, 2013

TIME FOR TRUSTING, RESTING, PRAYING

Sleep is not coming easy tonight.  My mind is wandering.  I have read the treatment options for Waldenstrom's patients and I can't stop wondering where I will fit in.    I will meet my oncologist at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center tomorrow for a treatment plan.   I can't stop thinking about the fact that twelve hours from now, my life could take a drastic turn.  Chemotherapy, the treatment I have feared all my life, could be around the corner for me.  But, maybe I am fortunate enough to be classified as a candidate for the "watchful waiting" period.  Oh, the delay of treatment for a while would be such a welcomed relief.  A song recorded by Christian artist, Larnelle Harris, has come to mind tonight.  It is playing over and over in mind.

"It's not in TRYING, but in TRUSTING;
Not in RUNNING, but in RESTING;
It's not in WONDERING, but in PRAYING
that we find the strength of The Lord."  

I love the words that God spoke to Moses when he doubted his ability to lead the Israelites into the promised land.  Exodus 14:14 records God's promise to Moses:
"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

Lord, I am trying to be still.  I am trying to rest.  I am asking for your spirit of peace tonight.
I am trusting you to fight for me.  "Be still and know that I am God."  Psalm 46



2 comments:

  1. You are an extremely important person to myself, as well as my family. Thank you for being such an amazing woman -- we are praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your faith is strong and God hears your prayers. Know that he is with you with whatever they say tomorrow. At least then there will be a plan and you can figure out your strategy to beat this !! Hugs and prayers Kathy !!"D'Neal" Danielle Travis

    ReplyDelete