February 5, 2013 was a day that will separate my life into the "before" and "after." The fifth of February - the day I learned that the word "cancer" would forever be a part of my life. It is my desire to live with Jesus Christ in the forefront of my life, and cancer in the background. The words in this blog are therapeutic to me. I hope that they will be uplifting to you. Blessings, Kathy Lollar

Friday, February 22, 2013

HAVING COFFEE WITH JESUS

Welcome to my primary cancer fighting facility. This is my reading corner at home. Every morning, I have "coffee with Jesus." I am fortunate enough to have my great-grandmother's chair. Over 75 years old, this isn't the most comfortable chair in the world, but I choose it because it is fully covered by the prayers of three generations of my family heritage of praying women. My great-grandmother (Lillian LeClaire Smith), my precious Mamma (Olga Maye Smith Gregory), and the best Mom a girl could have (Billie Jo Rodenberg Gregory) all used this chair. I feel completely at peace encircled by the intercessions of these praying women. Since God is not bound by our finite limits of time and space, I know that the prayers of these women in past decades still cover me today. In my corner, I have placed all the cards and encouraging notes I have received from my friends, the blanket and teddy bear ("Hope Lollar") that was given to me by my sweet student, and a vision wall of positive phrases and scripture. My Bibles, prayer journal, devotional and Bible study materials are in the shelf next to the chair. My WM notebook containing every piece of scientific information I have found in my research about Waldenstrom's sits next to the Bibles. My health notebook (which contains all my pathology reports) lays under my prayer journal. Christian music is always playing in the background. In this chair, I feed my mind, my soul, and my heart. (And a little caffeine sure doesn't hurt!) Welcome to my world and please, keep praying for me.

2 comments:

  1. Lord I thank you for my sister who is giving me such inspiration to be about Your business and share more love to others. I thank you Lord in advance by faith knowing you will bring a great testimony out of this situation and that Kathy will be restored to even a greater calling in her life. Lord I ask you encamp angels all around her; 2 on her left, 2 on her right, 2 in front, 2 behind, 2 below and 2 above...Thank you Lord for her covering.
    Lord I ask that you be with every family member, friend, person of contact that they remember You are the Author and Finisher of our Faith.In the Mighty, Powerful Name of above all names, JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pastor Donny. I love the angel covering. Thank you for the prayers.

      Delete