February 5, 2013 was a day that will separate my life into the "before" and "after." The fifth of February - the day I learned that the word "cancer" would forever be a part of my life. It is my desire to live with Jesus Christ in the forefront of my life, and cancer in the background. The words in this blog are therapeutic to me. I hope that they will be uplifting to you. Blessings, Kathy Lollar

Sunday, February 24, 2013

A JOURNEY TO WELLNESS, POWERED BY LOVE AND PRAYER

My boys and I are spending Sunday afternoon driving across the great state of Texas. We are taking a few days to visit with friends and family on the way to Houston. We are just going to call today and tomorrow a mini-vacation. We will meet my doctor on Tuesday at noon. I have heard wonderful things about Dr. Lewis and I look forward to collaborating with him on my plan to live with Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia. Over the past few weeks, I have done lots of reading. I plan to become an expert patient. I want to know everything that I can about my blood and the rogue plasma cells that are causing chaos in my marrow. My research has led me to believe that I am in a very early stage of this disease. Because no cure for WM has been discovered, treatment plans are based upon a lifetime of disease management. Most doctors want to postpone treatment for as long as possible. Putting off treatment is called the "watchful waiting" period. Many WM patients can remain in this pattern for several years prior to the first administration of chemotherapy. I believe that is quite likely that I might fit into the "watchful waiting" category. The symptoms that I am experiencing now are quite tolerable - more tolerable than the effects of chemo. We will wait for Dr. Lewis' decision. If treatment is needed now, then we will get started. I look forward to some answers on my journey to wellness. Friends and family, thank you for the words of love and support and for interceding for me before the Heavenly Father. I claim His promise "I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask for anything in my name and I will do it." Thank you, Lord Jesus for healing me - in your time, in your way.
Thank you: Lu Marler for giving me these words from God today.

2 comments:

  1. Drive safe! If you come through seguin look me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this picture! Praying for good news. Love you, Norma

    ReplyDelete