February 5, 2013 was a day that will separate my life into the "before" and "after." The fifth of February - the day I learned that the word "cancer" would forever be a part of my life. It is my desire to live with Jesus Christ in the forefront of my life, and cancer in the background. The words in this blog are therapeutic to me. I hope that they will be uplifting to you. Blessings, Kathy Lollar

Saturday, February 16, 2013

MY PRAYER: February 15, 2013

Here is a prayer that I wrote to God yesterday while I waited for my 4:00 appointment at Texas Oncology.  I am quite certain that yesterday will go down as the longest day in history!!! 

Prayer Journal:  2/15/13
The results are in.  Abba, Daddy.  I feel very frail today - very vulnerable - very confused.  I don't know what the future holds for me and for my family.  I don't know what the biopsy and CT results are going to tell us.  I have no control over my life and I HATE IT!  But you know, you are probably grinning knowingly right now.  The truth is, I NEVER had any control over my life, did I?  Silly me, with my appointment calendar, and my long term goal setting.  You had it all the time, didn't you?  It gives me great relief to know that you already know the results of those tests.  You know every cell in my body.  Lord, make this day pass quickly for me.  Give Dr. Borra great insight and knowledge as she analyzes my records.  Give her wisdom in making a diagnosis and suggesting a treatment plan.  Give her wisdom in referring me to another facility.  Lord, it is good to know that you already know!  Nothing surprises you.  You are already there.  I'll meet you there in a couple of hours.  Thank you for going before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment