February 5, 2013 was a day that will separate my life into the "before" and "after." The fifth of February - the day I learned that the word "cancer" would forever be a part of my life. It is my desire to live with Jesus Christ in the forefront of my life, and cancer in the background. The words in this blog are therapeutic to me. I hope that they will be uplifting to you. Blessings, Kathy Lollar

Saturday, July 27, 2013

IS IT OK TO BE ANGRY?


Today, I just want to shout that I am PISSED OFF AT CANCER!  In my own distinctively OCD manner, I will list the reasons why:

1.  I am developing symptoms.  I had a three hour nose bleed today (WM patients seep blood from the nose and even the eyes (gross) as a result of hyperviscocity (thickening of the blood.)  PISSED!

2.  Blood work again this week.  Tired of it.  Angry with it.  Leave me alone!  PISSED!

3.  My friend suffering from Multiple Myeloma (Waldenstrom's equally evil cousin) is facing surgery to remove a mass and possibly radiation therapy.  Our prayer is that the cancer is contained.  PISSED!

4.  A dear friend in Odessa just discovered that she has breast cancer.  On July 25, things in her life were fine.  On July 26, her world turned upside down.  PISSED!

5.  My best friend in Round Rock has already completed surgery and treatment for breast cancer.  Major drug therapy for a long, long time to ward off the enemy.  PISSED!

6.  Another friend in Odessa, stage 4 cancer in the brain.  Treatable.  Incurable.  PISSED!

7.  Another friend in Odessa, cancer has infiltrated her entire body.  She is tired.  She is ready.  PISSED!

8.  My brother in law.  Colo-rectal cancer.  Three surgeries.  Several rounds of chemo.  PISSED!

Dear Lord,  Is it ok for me to be angry?  I think you understand.  I AM angry.  Angry for me.  Angry for my family.  Angry for my friends.  Angry for their families.  Cancer is evil.  Cancer is strong.  But not as strong as you.  You are the God over cancer.  Give us hope.  Give us faith.  Give us successful treatment.  Give us cures.  Miraculous cures; medical cures; heavenly cures.

"My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12 : 9



No comments:

Post a Comment