February 5, 2013 was a day that will separate my life into the "before" and "after." The fifth of February - the day I learned that the word "cancer" would forever be a part of my life. It is my desire to live with Jesus Christ in the forefront of my life, and cancer in the background. The words in this blog are therapeutic to me. I hope that they will be uplifting to you. Blessings, Kathy Lollar

Saturday, February 16, 2013

MY PRAYER - February 8, 2013

I want to back track just a bit to an earlier part of this journey.  This is a prayer that I wrote just three days after I learned that I had cancer.  Steve and I were sitting in the lobby of the Texas Oncology building waiting to hear my name called for the dreaded bone marrow biopsy. 

Prayer journal:  2/8/13.
Abba Father, Heavenly Daddy;
This is a place I surely do not want to be sitting today.  Just last week, Steve and I were enjoying our day together commenting on how we loved our Fridays off.  Today, we sit side by side in the lobby of the cancer center waiting for a bone marrow biopsy.  I sure didn't see this coming, Lord.  I don't know why.  I had all the signs, I guess I just thought that the blood tests were mistakes.  Denial, maybe.  So today, I face my greatest fears:  cancer and needles.  Thank you for the weeks of time that I have spent in your presence in Bible study and prayer.  I know that you were spiritually preparing me for today.  I pray that you will let me feel your presence right now, in the procedure room, and when that needle hits my bone marrow.  Hold me with your righteous right hand.  Lift me to your throne.  Bear my pain.  Help me to tolerate the procedure.  Bless the doctor, nurse, those who read the results and those who determine my diagnosis and treatment.  I love you, Lord.  Hold my hand.  I won't let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment