February 5, 2013 was a day that will separate my life into the "before" and "after." The fifth of February - the day I learned that the word "cancer" would forever be a part of my life. It is my desire to live with Jesus Christ in the forefront of my life, and cancer in the background. The words in this blog are therapeutic to me. I hope that they will be uplifting to you. Blessings, Kathy Lollar

Thursday, February 20, 2014

NO NEED FOR MASCARA NOW, LYNNE

My friend died today. My special cancer fighting friend who sent me messages of encouragement even though she was in excruciating pain as a result of metastatic breast cancer. I am hurting. I will miss her. She gave me hope and comfort. I promised her that when her time came, I would rejoice with her. I am, but through tears. Losing a friend to cancer is different when you, too, have cancer. Will I be that same inspiration to others?  Will I fight as bravely? What will it be like on the other side?   I am smiling through my tears.  Confusing emotions.

Lynne Norwood was a classy lady who loved The Lord and served Him through teaching children. She remained a teacher as I became her student in my quest to learn how to live with cancer. I would like to share our facebook chats. 

Ocober 4, 2013. As I anxiously awaited my first chemo treatment, I received this word from Lynne:
"I am thinking of you right this minute and know your fear. God will give you the peace, comfort, strength and guidance that He gives me everyday. Calling His name will get you through even the roughest of days."

October 24, 2013. I posted a "funny" story about my rare disease and the reactions I get from medical folks when they hear that I am a Waldenstrom's patient. Lynne responded with this:  "I so feel for you.  Every time I hear a doctor or nurse say, 'I've never seen that before,' I want to scream and then I think I should get a prize. Let me know if you find a remedy for those eyes swelling. It's heck trying to put on mascara!"

December 31, 2013. After I posted about my most difficult Rituxan infusion experience, Lynne writes from her room at M.D. Anderson Cancer center:  "Kathy, I continue to ask God to meet the needs that only He knows you have.  You are in my prayers every day. Although all cancer patients experience different things, we can count on The Lord to give us peace, comfort, strength and guidance specific to our affliction. I am in the hospital at MDA. They are taking me off the clinical trial as I have been very ill, and it is no longer working as it should. I don't know what the turnout will be, but I am continuing the fight.  I know the ultimate result, and for that I am rejoicing.  I pray that your next treatment is much easier on you." 

My response to Lynne:  "Lynne, you are such an inspiration to me.  When the time comes, I will rejoice for you. Strange to think that way, isn't it?  But how true. If we only knew what lies ahead. What a day that will be!  If you get there before me, save me a place. I love you dearly ."

My last message from Lynne:  "I feel sure you already have a place secured. Love you,"

Fly to Jesus, sweet friend. Enjoy your new body; free from cancer, free from fear, free from death. Save me a place. I will see you again (and we won't need mascara!)

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."  
Revelation 21: 4

"Precious in the sight of The Lord is the death of his saints."  Psalm 116: 15. 







No comments:

Post a Comment