February 5, 2013 was a day that will separate my life into the "before" and "after." The fifth of February - the day I learned that the word "cancer" would forever be a part of my life. It is my desire to live with Jesus Christ in the forefront of my life, and cancer in the background. The words in this blog are therapeutic to me. I hope that they will be uplifting to you. Blessings, Kathy Lollar

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

JESUS, I AM TOUCHING YOUR ROBE

Steve and I are one hour from Houston. Earlier this morning, I felt like this car was taking me to a dreaded destination. All the way down I10, my phone has been ringing with text messages and facebook messages. Prayers, songs, uplifting words, and "ladybugs" have all come my way today. And you know what? I feel as if my handsome chauffeur is driving me toward the light in the "We-Can-Kick-Cancer's-Ugly-Butt Mobile!" I have faith, hope and strength today. A friend reminded me about the woman with the "issue of blood" who touched Jesus' robe and was healed. I remember my Daddo Gregory preaching about that woman's faith. I always though it was grose that she had an "issue of blood." I'll never forget that term when I was a kid. How time changes things......... I guess you could call me a woman with an "issue of blood."

Mark 5: 25-34 tells us that Jesus was being followed by a large crowd of followers. "A woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his robe, because she thought, 'If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.' Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering. At once Jesus realized that healing power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, 'Who touched my clothes?' 'You see the people crowding against you,' his disciples answered, 'and yet you can ask, 'Who touched me?' But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. He said to her, 'Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.'"

I am expecting a long, strong life and freedom from my blood disease. Like the faithful woman, I am seeking the best medical advice that is available. I am doing my homework to learn as much as possible about Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia. I believe that my powerful God can use brilliant medical professionals to do the work of healing. I also believe that Jesus can provide healing just because of who He is.

Dear Jesus, this is your daughter, Kathy. I am touching your robe. I believe. I trust. I am being still. Jehovah Healer, I ask for complete restoration of my health. I will praise your name and shout your glory from the rooftops. Use me to point others to you. I give you my body - your temple. Make it clean. You, who created this great universe, surely have the power to restore my tiny blood cells. Thank you for healing me - in your time, in your way..... beginning today.



1 comment:

  1. Hebrews 10:23, praying in agreement for your healing through Jesus Christ our Lord.

    ReplyDelete