February 5, 2013 was a day that will separate my life into the "before" and "after." The fifth of February - the day I learned that the word "cancer" would forever be a part of my life. It is my desire to live with Jesus Christ in the forefront of my life, and cancer in the background. The words in this blog are therapeutic to me. I hope that they will be uplifting to you. Blessings, Kathy Lollar

Sunday, June 16, 2013

TWO ROADS DIVERGED

THE ROAD NOT TAKEN by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay 
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!  
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.  

     I remember hearing my Daddy say that God should have a long distance phone line.  That way, when a difficult decision had to be made, we could just drop a dime in the heavenly phone booth and ask directions.  I was young when I heard those words and I really did not understand the concept.  I just thought it was funny to think of God using a telephone.

     Steve and I are facing some challenges and tough choices are around the corner.  Nothing regarding health issues, but some really difficult decisions about future plans.  Do you ever diligently pray and wait on a sign and the answer just seems not to appear?  I think I know the answer to that question already.  I know that all of us feel that way at times.  That is where we stand right now.

     It seems as if two paths are before us and the choice of which to take just is not clear.  We are confused.  We are disappointed.  We feel completely defeated.  But, we know that God has a plan.  We just wish that the answer would come soon.  We long for direction as clear as those in the days of Moses when God spoke through a burning bush.  Or maybe instructions through a dream the way He spoke to Samuel.  Perhaps Steve and I are so dense that He needs to use Balaam's donkey to give us direction.

     Lord God, guide our choices and show us the path that we should take.  We want to act in accordance to your plans for our lives. We will follow You and that will make all the difference!

Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth and teach me, 
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all the day long.
Psalm 25:  4 - 5

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3: 5 - 6

No comments:

Post a Comment