February 5, 2013 was a day that will separate my life into the "before" and "after." The fifth of February - the day I learned that the word "cancer" would forever be a part of my life. It is my desire to live with Jesus Christ in the forefront of my life, and cancer in the background. The words in this blog are therapeutic to me. I hope that they will be uplifting to you. Blessings, Kathy Lollar

Saturday, March 2, 2013

CANCER TREATMENT: AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

Blessed beyond words! That's what I am! My oncologist believes that my cancer has not reached a point to warrant treatment. "WATCH AND WAIT" is a strategy for non-treatment for slow developing cancer. During this time, we monitor my blood levels and symptom progress monthly. Unless God chooses to intervene with divine healing, at some point, treatment will be necessary. Until then, we WAIT.

My feelings about the word WAIT have changed drastically over the past weeks. During the weeks leading up to my diagnosis, WAIT was referred to as a four letter word! Blood test ........ wait....CT scan.......wait.......bone marrow biopsy....... wait..........MRI........wait........wait.......wait!

The word WAIT is used 106 times in the Bible (King James Version.) Apparently I am not the first to struggle with the concept of waiting. It is obvious that God knows that His children will require repeated reminders. God's time table is not like ours. And that can be very frustrating for this impatient daughter of the King.

Because of the WATCH AND WAIT treatment delay, Isaiah 40:31 has a new meaning to me. "They who wait for The Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

WATCH AND WAIT. What does that mean to me now? It means time to renew my strength. Time to enjoy working in the yard with my husband. Time to go to a grandson's soccer tournament. Time to teach lots and lots of music students. Time to enjoy all the people and activities that are important to me. Time to eat better, get some exercise and prepare myself for a life with cancer.

Cancer treatment: ain't nobody got time for that! One day, it will save my life, but for now, I will WAIT........ with a smile on my face and peace in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment